November 8, 2010 —
Police briefs are written according to reports from University Police. These indicate preliminary descriptions of events and not necessarily actual incidents.
• Friday, Oct. 29, a student’s clothes were stolen from the laundry facilities in the First Year Suites. She left the room while the clothes were in the dryers and when she returned, her clothes were gone. The case is under investigation.
• At 3 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 2, a female student dropped her wallet in K-lot. She returned to get her wallet 20 minutes later and found it, but $66 was taken. There are no suspects.
• At 5 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 3, a wallet was stolen from Curtiss Hall. A nonstudent was on campus for a conference and left her purse in the chair. When she came back to get it, the wallet was gone. There are no suspects.
• At 11 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 30, police were called to Living Center South by the resident assistants and directors. Upon arrival they found alcohol in a students’ room. Six students were given breathalyzers, but all the students in the room passed. They were all given Notices To Appear.
• Sunday, Oct. 31, a vehicle was impounded from the Wickes Circle after having too many unpaid tickets.
• Monday, Nov. 1, a hit and run occurred in G-1 lot. The student found a dent in the driver’s side door. The case was reported and there are no suspects.
• At 5:35 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 2, a hit and run occurred in K-lot. The student found damage to the back right side.
• Monday, Nov. 1, a hit and run occurred in the University Village West. The student found a dent on the driver’s side door.
• At 10:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 1, a window was found broken inside Pioneer Hall. There are no suspects.
• Saturday, Oct. 30, about $200 worth of coffee accessories were stolen from Pioneer Hall. SVSU held a open house and had the coffee for visitors. When staff went to take care of the display the next day, numerous items had been stolen.